[Freeswitch-users] Problems with FAX transmission

Jan Riedinger riedinger at sns.eu
Fri Sep 17 05:00:27 PDT 2010

  I'm trying to send a fax via our Freeswitch switch without success. It
seems that the "invite sdp (t38)" message isn't forwarded from the
gateway of the fax receiver to the gateway of the fax sender. See the
attached tif file with the Wireshark trace.

If I try the fax transmission with the same setup with a commercial
softswitch (same fax equipment, same sending and receiving gateways),
the fax transmission is successful.

We are using the following settings in the sip_profile
<param name="inbound-codec-negotiation" value="greedy"/>
<param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="false"/>

Does anybody know what's going wrong?

Thank you in advance
       Jan Riedinger

--
Jan Riedinger                           Phone :  +49-30-39 73 19 66
Dipl.-Inf. | Managing Director          Fax   :  +49-30-39 73 19 64
                                         E-Mail:  riedinger at sns.eu
SNS Consult GmbH                        ICQ   :  163-237-041
Südwestkorso 49a                        MSN   :  jan at sns-consult.de
14197 Berlin GERMANY                    Skype :  Jan Riedinger

AG Charlottenburg - HRB 71973