[Freeswitch-users] CDR Behaviour (b_only)

Ross McKillop ross at ossiantelecom.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 13:10:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm curious how others handle CDRs from FreeSWITCH.  I need them to end up in
a MySQL database and the easiest way I've found of achieving this is to use the
mod_xml_cdr module to call a PHP script that inserts the row. Is there a preferred
way of achieving this?

Also, I only need ONE cdr entry per call, for billing purposes, so what I end up doing
is having process_cdr as "b_only" which works great for successful calls. However,
a call that is not successfully bridged results in two HTTP POST calls to my script
one with is_outbound = true (as I'd expect for the b leg) but also what appears to
be the a leg of the CDR (despite requesting b_only)

Is this the intended behaviour of "b_only"

Regards,
Ross