[Freeswitch-users] How to check user in directory

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 01:07:43 PDT 2010

Does user exist in user directory?
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#user_exists

Is the user registered?
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Function_sofia_contact

Quick example (untested but would probably work):

<!-- If the user doesn't exist, reject the call -->
<extension name="user_not_found">
  <condition field="${user_exists(id ${destination_number} $${domain})}"
expression="false">
    <action application="hangup" data="*UNALLOCATED_NUMBER*" />
  </condition>
</extension>
<!-- If the user is registered, forward the call to them -->
<extension name="user_registered">
  <condition field="${sofia_contact(profile/${destination_number}@$${domain})}"
expression="(.+)">
    <action application="set" data="hangup_on_bridge=true" />
    <action application="bridge" data="$1" />
  </condition>
</extension>
<!-- If the bridge fails, or the user wasn't registered, fall back to
voicemail -->
<extension name="voicemail">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression=".*">
    <action application="voicemail" data="profile $${domain}
${destination_number}" />
  </condition>
</extension>

-Steve