[Freeswitch-users] how to originate a call on a sip hardphone programatic with ringback tone?

rentmycoder rentmycoder rentmycoder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 15:24:35 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to let a sip phone dial a number via esl.
I use the originate api eg. ext 1001 calls ext 1000 from FS console:
"originate {originate_timeout=30,origination_caller_id_number=1001,origination_caller_id_name=1001}user/1000
1001"
This works, ext 1001 starts ringing, then if I pickup 1001, starts dialing 1000.
My problem is, that there is no ringback tone when using this api.
When I dial the number manually on the phone, there is a ringback tone
indicating the other party to be ringing....

How to turn on the ringback tone using originate api and AFTER I
pickup the phone and the other party is ringing???

In this case (correct me if I'm wrong) FS calls the originator, then
transfers the b-leg to the destination ext.
Any other method ow let the phone start the dialing???

Thanks...