[Freeswitch-users] what happened to iax

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Sep 7 16:20:11 PDT 2010

  Hi,

SIP phones have been made easy for their target market to use, and end
users are not their target market. Service providers are the target
market, and SIP phones are mostly made easy for those people to
provision and control in volume. Unless a strong end user market for SIP
phones develops, this won't change.

Most IAX phones sit outside this, as they are mostly made by people who
simply can't get into the high volume service provider business, where
they want to be. Usually they are second division phones, as well as
second division suppliers. The good hardware runs SIP.

Steve