[Freeswitch-users] what happened to iax

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Tue Sep 7 14:23:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Steve Underwood wrote:

> If you like this media through the signalling server scheme, I have a
> new car I think you'll love. Every trip it makes goes though the
> forecourt of the dealer who supplied it. :-)

yeah - we could invent snap - shit not another protocol
with a  TCP port for signalling. Media is in rtp packets for ease of
interchange with h.323 and sip..
42424 would be the port I would use - for tcp  and udp.

31415 would also do, I suppose..

But that is hard to get enough people to use it, to get the number of
users to make it worthwhile.

Derek.
--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.