[Freeswitch-users] conference relate question

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 7 12:21:29 PDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:49 AM, <covici at ccs.covici.com> wrote:

> The description does not seem to indicate what I would like to do -- say
> user 1 only wants to talk to user 2  and there are 10 other users, what
> would the conference relate command be?
>
> Sorry to be ignorant.

The conference relate command is always between just two conference
members.  You'll need to set the relation between the user1 and everyone
else besides user2. So to let only user2 hear user1 you'll need to have the
relation between user1 and all other users be "nohear":

conference my_conf relate user1 user3 nohear
conference my_conf relate user1 user4 nohear
conference my_conf relate user1 user5 nohear

Use the clear option to remove the relation:

conference my_conf relate user1 user3 clear
conference my_conf relate user1 user4 clear
conference my_conf relate user1 user5 clear

I've updated the API section of the mod_conference wiki page to be a bit
more explicit:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_conference#API_Reference

-MC