[Freeswitch-users] what happened to iax

Ghulam Mustafa mustafa.pk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:59:00 PDT 2010

We are using iax trunk feature to save bandwidth, it makes lot of sense when
your branches/offices are connected through a dedicated radio/fiber, we end
up saving millions per year using IAX,

@Brian, for me it always worked like a charm, never faced quality/packet
loss issues with ~20 concurrent calls over iax trunk in business hours.

I hope someone will take this challenge someday and rewrite more robust iax
stack for FreeSWITCH :)

Thanks and best regards,

-m

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Patrick Lists <
freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 09/07/2010 02:33 PM, Nyamul Hassan wrote:
> > Another scenario is, in countries where regular SIP / H323 is blocked,
> > IAX is mostly not so, and therefore helps.
> >
> > I personally prefer to work with H323 / SIP.  But, ground realities are
> > a bit different at times.
>
> In that case why not use an openvpn link?
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

Ghulam Mustafa
cell: +92 333.611.7681