[Freeswitch-users] extension-in-contact problem

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 09:11:34 PDT 2010

as you suspected that parameter breaks this feature.  The parameter
only exists as a crutch to support some broken providers.
if you remove the gw+ you are reliant on the gw= in the params.  We
try 2 ways to tie it back.

See, in SIP you are supposed to be able to say anything you want in
your contact header and have it mirrored back to you for any calls you
receive and many providers either A) make you use a specific
extension, B) strip the params or C) both.

Did you look at the sip traffic to see if they are mirroring back the
gw= in the invite? that is the only case there may be a bug.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM, François Delawarde
<fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I found the corresponding code for gateway identification in
> "sofia_handle_sip_i_invite" of sofia.c, it is supposed to fetch the
> gateway using "gw=" if the url does not contain "gw+":
>
> if (sip->sip_request->rq_url->url_params) {
>        gw_name = sofia_glue_find_parameter(sip->sip_request->rq_url->url_params, "gw=");
> }
>
> if (strstr(destination_number, "gw+")) {
>        gw_name = destination_number + 3;
> }
>

> The first part apparently does not work (for me at least), and I have
> tried with different gateway names (in case it didn't accept
> underscores) with no success.
>
> Is this a real bug I should put in Jira or am I doing something wrong
> (again...)?
>
> Thanks,
> François.
>

> On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 14:49 +0200, François Delawarde wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that when I set the "extension-in-contact" parameter to "true"
>> in my gateway, the gateway is not identified when receiving an incoming
>> call, and all calls are redirected to the profile's default context
>> instead of the gateway's configured context.
>>
>> Is this a normal/expected behavior?
>>

>> In my sofia.conf.xml profile I have:
>> <gateway name="sol_account">
>>   <param name="extension" value="bli"/>
>>   <param name="extension" value="test"/>
>>   <param name="extension-in-contact" value="true"/>
>> </gateway>
>>

>> And incoming calls are received with the extension-in-contact being
>> "true":
>>
>> INVITE sip:test at 192.168.10.80:5060;transport=udp;gw=sol_account SIP/2.0
>>
>> Instead of:
>>
>> INVITE sip:gw+sol_account at 192.168.10.80:5060;transport=udp;gw=sol_account SIP/2.0
>>

>> Thanks,
>> François.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/