[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH - how to enable channels like mod_skypopen for Yahoo, Google Talk?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:19:02 PDT 2010

Yes you can configure FS on the google/yahoo hostnames, but DNS means
clients will get confused about where to connect to. You'd need to
serve the clients different IPs for those domains which is likely to
cause other problems. Google Talk might work that way though.

Yahoo won't because there's no YMSG service for Yahoo Messenger to
connect to, and I doubt it can make VoIP calls without signing into
the YMSG service.

-Steve