[Freeswitch-users] FS not detecting public IP address change

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Sat Oct 23 07:06:53 PDT 2010

In a upnp config, FS is depending on the router to notify it of the ip
address change.  It is possible the upnp message(s) aren't formatted as
expected.  If you turn on debug logging you'll get the upnp messages on the
console.  If you can pastebin the capture of those while dropping and
restarting the dsl connection I can maybe see if there is something obvious
going on.  The debug should also have messages related to the processing of
those upnp messages.

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Mark Campbell-Smith <
mcampbellsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI!
>
> I know this question must have been answered 100's of times....
>
> My adsl is a bit dodgy at the moment and tends to go up and down; which
> means I get assigned a new ip address from my ISP.  FS is nat'd behind a
> upnp capable router.
>
> The problem is that FS does not seem to be detecting the change.   For both
> the internal and external profile, I have auto-nat setup, and I have tried
> stun and host settings in vars.conf.  When I issue a nat_map status I see my
> old IP address, and if I then issue a nat_map reinit, I see the new public
> IP address.  How can I get this to be automatic?
>
> Also the public IP address shown in the nat_map status is not the same as
> shown in the sofia profile internal/external printouts.  Why is this?
>
> I'm sure this is configuration, just not sure what to change.
>
> Thanks!

-Rupa