[Freeswitch-users] Simultaneous calls / sound / resources

Malay Thakershi mthakershi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:50:11 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I have few questions about resources when there are multiple in / out calls
going on in FS.

1. I use Cepstral. If I have 20 calls at the same time, does playing media
(from FS) suffer performance issues due to Cepstral licensing. I just have 1
server Cepstral license.

2. There is no sound card on my server (Windows 2008 Standard). Does
functioning of FS media modules / Cepstral suffer because of lack of sound
card? If I install high quality sound device, is it going to make the voice
quality better?

3. How do I make sure FS process has enough resources (processor / memory)
when other taxing tasks are going on the server (e.g. backup)? I have
noticed voice getting broken when someone calls when backup is going on.

Thank you so much for guidance / help.