[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch and Cisco 7941 IP Phone ( INVITE port number )

Christian Knoblauch christian.knoblauch at astylos.de
Mon Oct 18 08:15:16 PDT 2010

Hello,

This is about FreeSwitch 1.0.6 (Windows Build) and Cisco 7941 IP Phone, and the same issue was recently reported by another subscriber of this list (Michael W. Lucas).

Anyhow, I attach traces so that maybe someone can look into it.

CONTEXT:

The 7941 successfull REGISTER in FreeSwitch, and is able to call another softphone.
The softphone is not able to call the 7941, and this is because the INVITE from FreeSwitch towards 7941 goes to the UDP port that the 7941 was using during REGISTER (high port number, instead of 5060)

I compared this with traces for 3CX where all works fine. 3CX sends the INVITE towards 7941 to UDP port 5060, and the 7941 seems to like this :-)

Please find attached the REGISTER / INVITE traces for booth 3CX and FreeSwitch, and also the FreeSwitch console-output from"sofia profile internal siptrace on"

Thanks for review !

Regards
Christian