[Freeswitch-users] Gateway responding to random port (rport problem?)

Nicolas Brenner nico at clickfono.com
Mon Oct 18 09:50:20 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with a VoIP provider where the gateway will respond to
any random port instead of 5080. I sent the corresponding trace to the
provider and they told me to "disable rport and nat". I removed the auto-nat
parameters in the corresponding sip profile, but I keep having the same
issue (I don't think it has anything to do with nat anyway).

On the trace I noticed that INVITEs sent by FS have an empty rport parameter
on the Via header, but according to what I've read, this is standard and it
indicates that the response should be sent to the originating port (5080),
which is not being done by the gateway ("Avaya SIP Enablement Services").
How may I go about solving this? should I set the rport parameter to
something specific (eg. 5080)? or remove it altogether?

Thanks,

Nico