[Freeswitch-users] Binding to external IP address during system boot

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Oct 15 18:17:01 PDT 2010

I am running FreeSWITCH under Debian, with ppp0 (an ADSL connection) as
the external interface. Often, FreeSWITCH successfully starts and binds
to the (dynamically assigned) external IPv4 address during the system
boot process. Sometimes, however, this fails and I get (from sofia
status profile external):
sip:mod_sofia at 127.0.0.1:5080

Clearly, it has bound to the loopback interface. Restarting the sip
profile doesn't fix it, but restarting FreeSWITCH does.

Is there a command that I can place in a networking script that will
force the binding to be dropped and a new binding to be created, without
restarting FreeSWITCH entirely?