[Freeswitch-users] Passing incoming Caller ID

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Sat Oct 16 02:10:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

can someone help me with passing caller ID to FreeSwitch extensions please?

I have a Linksys SPA-3102 setup to receive PSTN calls and Caller ID has just been configured on the line.
The Gateway is setup as Extension 1000 with Dialplan entries
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="PSTN Line"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="1000"/>

I have a group name (primrose) setup (in directory\default.xml) to ring a number of phones
I have extension 100 configured with
      <variable name="callgroup" value="primrose"/>

The Gateway is setup to dial extension 100 on an incoming call

When a call comes in, the Gateway sees the Caller ID, e.g, 07751234567

And FreeSwitch see the caller ID from the gateway :-

[NOTICE] switch_channel.c:669 New Channel sofia/internal/07751234567 at 192.168.1.181 [f863c03f-0f7e-4e4b-beb0-dfa57dad2b50]

When the group extension ring, the caller is shown as "PSTN Line" on the extensions.

Can someone tell me how & where I can modify the config to pick up the CID from the Gateway and pass it to the group extensions please ?

regards
Dave