[Freeswitch-users] Been hacked - what's the best way to prevent sip scanner?

Mario mario_fs at mgtech.com
Tue Oct 5 11:55:51 PDT 2010

After working 4 hours I found that FS was hosed due to someone from
208.109.87.234 sending tons of traffic to FS. I blocked the IP address.
Not only did it overload the connection but stopped FS from working,
meaning no phones. This had not happened with the SPA9000. I listed on
on a FS conference call discussing this issue. Is there someplace that
has a list of things to do to prevent/reduce this? I did have ports,
etc. blocked in the firewall. Thanks. Mario