[Freeswitch-users] Accessing wanpipe from openVZ container

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 07:45:58 PDT 2010

Hi Russell,

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Russell Mosemann
<Russell.Mosemann at cune.org> wrote:
> We are moving to a Sangoma A101D and an A200. I have installed the wanpipe drivers in the host node (make freetdm and make install), exported the devices to the container and installed the signaling in the container (make install_pri). However, that is not quite enough for the container, because mod_freetdm looks for libsangoma, which is in the host node. wancfg_fs does too much, because it attempts to configure wanrouter and FS at the same time.

I have no experience with openVZ, but I know some of our support staff
got it working with xen just fine. I think openVZ should not be a
problem.

You can configure in the host and start devices on the host, then
configure FreeSWITCH/FreeTDM manually on the container (given that
wancfg_fs does too much).

> I've looked through the FS wiki and the FS section of the Sangoma wiki, but all of the directions are for a combined installation. Is there a set of steps to install the wanpipe drivers separately from the signaling and do the individual configuration for each? Thanks.

No tools to do it automatically if you want to do it separate.
wancfg_fs is meant for newbie users and as a convenience tool. If you
are playing with openVZ, you have to configure manually, or configure
everything on the host and then just move the signaling configuration
to the container.

Drop by #sangoma at irc.freenode.org if you need a hand from our support staff.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON
L3R 9R6 Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com