[Freeswitch-users] Some weird problems with Polycom phones.

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 06:25:26 PDT 2010

Hello,

  I have a few oddities with Polycom phones which I just have documented at
the Wiki. I append them here also for those who might tackle them.

The following issues have opened tickets with Polycom's support:

   - *Dial tone on a shared line*: Suppose you have an SLA extension defined
   on more than one phone. You answer on one phone, put it on hold, go to the
   other phone and press the blinking line in order to have the call there. If
   you press this line and within 1 second pull the handset - you hear a dial
   tone at the background of the session. If you wait more than 1 second or
   first pull the handset (and then press the line button) - all is ok.
   - *Dial using the second line*: If you have a phone with more than one
   extension defined on it, it will will use the first line for outgoing calls
   by default (unless of course you select a specific line). However, there is
   one special case: you dial on-hook and then press the speaker button:
      - The call is initiated on the first line.
      - Immediately after getting "Trying" the phone sends CANCEL.
      - The phone originates the call successfully over the second line.

       Regards, __Yehavi: