[Freeswitch-users] Announcing FreeSWITCHBOX 2.0.2

Gourav Shah freedomyug at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:45:59 PDT 2010

Announcement Page:
http://www.initcron.org/voip-2/announcing-freeswitchbox-v2-0-2/

Initcron Labs announces  freeSWITCHBOX version 2.0.2 , a VoIP in a box
appliance.  This release comes in a quick succession  after a week of  its
first release 1.0.1.  Reason for  bumping the release version to 2* is the
major changes in its design and packages included.  The features included in
this version are,

   1.
      1.
         1. Added  blue.box web interface from
2600Hz<http://www.2600hz.org/> project.
         Team at 2600Hz has done a excellent work designing and
developing this web
         management interface for freeswitch.  We still have  freePBX
v3  included
         with the appliance, however strongly recommend using blue.box
as it is more
         stable.
         2. Added automated skype installer.  Start appliance, go to the web
         interface at http://HOSTNAME  and you’ll see a link to install
         skype.  Once you read and accept skype EULA, you could
install skype in one
         click.  However, be patient while the script downloads skype
and sets it up.
          As off now its a barebone UI that we have written and will
be enhanced in
         future.  To make skype work with freeswitch, you still need
to follow the
         steps from theFreeSWITCH mod_skypeopen
Wiki<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_skypopen#Configuration_and_Operation>
and
         configure accordingly.  We aim to automate this as well in near future.
         3. Updated cherokee server timeout to 1500 seconds  to allow skype
         installation
         4. Enabled shell login for wwwrun user which owns freeswitch files
         and web management files
         5. Included FreeSWITCH sound files  (sounds-install, moh-install).

This appliance is been created with Suse
Studio<http://www.initcron.org/sysadmin/build-custom-linux-in-minutes-suse-studio/>.
To download we provide  two options,
1. Suse Gallery Page  :
http://susegallery.com/a/Kr7Ayv/freeswitchbox<http://susegallery.com/a/Kr7Ayv/freeswitchbox>