[Freeswitch-users] Echo on sip trunk

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Oct 1 13:32:22 PDT 2010

This will probably take some good old fashioned detective work on your part.
I'd recommend gathering all the information about your topology, devices,
etc. and putting it in pastebin.freeswitch.org. I'd also get a pcap of he
traffic on the FS box (including media) and analyze in Wireshark. Assuming
that you don't have an ATA causing the echo then you're looking at the more
traditional network issues like delay.

You might want to start going down the rabbit hole by checking out this
article and the links therein:
http://networkinstruments.wordpress.com/2007/10/25/voip-troubleshooting-exploring-echo-echo-and-delay/

I'm not saying it's not FreeSWITCH, but since we use it all day, every day,
and the only echo issues we ever have are related to network issues, I'd
recommend barking up that tree first.

-MC