[Freeswitch-users] Multiple "voices" under mod_say_en

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Oct 1 12:05:19 PDT 2010

Neil,

Try setting channel variable ${sound_prefix} prior to calling your say
application. It's an imperfect solution until we have something more elegant
in place. Just note that if you need to switch between US and UK sounds on
the same call you'll need to change the sound_prefix on the channel each
time.

The default sound_prefix is:
/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie

So change it to:
/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/en/uk/<your_voice>

And then call say and it should use your uk voice.

-MC