[Freeswitch-users] "No Digits to send" on purpose?

Jeroen C. van Gelderen slim at thegreek.com
Mon Nov 29 17:56:37 PST 2010

Hi Guys,

I need to bridge an FXS port (when taken off-hook) to an FXO port without
dialing any digits like so:

<action application="bridge" data="freetdm/span_fxo_csd/1"/>

This results in the following error:

ftmod/ftmod_analog/ftmod_analog.c:

if (ftdm_strlen_zero(ftdmchan->caller_data.dnis.digits)) {
  ftdm_log_chan_msg(ftdmchan, FTDM_LOG_ERROR, "No Digits to send!\n");

For now I have worked around this by using

<action application="bridge" data="freetdm/span_fxo_csd/1/w"/>
or
<action application="bridge" data="freetdm/span_fxo_csd/1/F"/>

I would like to avoid the unnecessary delay this incurs.

Any suggestions? Under what circumstances is it bad to send zero digits? Can
I simply take out the check for zero-length dnis.digits?

Cheers,
-Slim
--
Jeroen C. "Slim" van Gelderen