[Freeswitch-users] Compiling on FreeBSD

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 14:29:39 PST 2010

On Sun, November 28, 2010 4:09 pm, Adrian Gschwend wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I use Freeswitch on FreeBSD for ages now, always trunk which I compile
> every few weeks. Unfortunately it doesn't compile anymore for a while,
> it fails in mod_spandsp
[snip]
> But it doesn't find jpeg, like the possible error stated on Mod_spandsp
> page. But unless I completely miss something here it *should* be
> installed (in terms of the port is definitely there).

The port installs the jpeg library in /usr/local/lib but as you pointed out
the build doesn't link to it there: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg
Please follow:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide#FreeBSD

3. Compile spandsp

( cd libs/spandsp ; ./configure ; gmake install )
Hope this helps.

-kim