[Freeswitch-users] VAD + session record

Tamas Cseke cstomi.levlist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 07:17:55 PST 2010

Hello,

We have a problem with session recording if VAD is turned on.
if there is no RTP there is no data written to the file so the it
becomes shorter then the speech.

I tried brigde_generate_comfort_noise=yes to generate the noise, but i
think it doesn't work.
I don't hear the noise only the total silence if VAD is turned on.
Should it generate noise if there is no RTP packets (as fas as I
understand, it should) or only if FS receives CN RTP packets
(audio_bridge_thread check SFF_CNG flag on frame, but I don't really
understand what does it mean. It must be CN packet? )

Should FS send CN packets when VAD is turned on, or not?

Thanks,
Tamas