[Freeswitch-users] T.38 and Audiocodes or Patton gateway

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Sat Nov 20 08:18:49 PST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> Is your Audiocode's ECM support badly broken? Spandsp's T.38 terminal
> and gateway engines have been tested with numerous systems, and ECM is
> normally OK unless the other system does something stupid - which
> unfortunately a number of T.38 implementations still do.
>
> Steve

Perhaps...  In the crazy, wild world of supporting a T.38 platform
with several hundred endpoints (perhaps thousands by now) and
who-knows-how-many fax machines I found that ECM is an optional
feature (as in not strictly required to "just send faxes") that many
endpoints (fax machines, gateways, etc) have broken.  Disabling it
removes it from the list of things that can go wrong and need to be
debugged in the field.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://www.astlinux.org