[Freeswitch-users] T.38 and Audiocodes or Patton gateway

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Nov 20 07:06:43 PST 2010

On 11/16/2010 02:08 AM, Tim St. Pierre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get a reliable fax setup working.
>
> I have set up a nice fax receiver mechanism with mod_spandsp and it works very well when I send a
> fax using a Linksys SPA2102
>
> I have poor results with Audiocodes MP202B, and can't get anything to work with a Patton M-ATA
>
> I have a number of Audiocodes MP202B in service and would rather not replace them if I can avoid it.
>
> In each case, the fax fails with "communications error" on the sending machine, and "Call hungup
> prematurely" on the SpanDSP side.
>
> There aren't too many knobs on the gateways.  Are there any knobs in mod_spandsp that might help
> this condition?  Anyone else have any experience with these devices?

Some Audiocodes boxes and some Patton boxes are known to work OK.
However, firmware revisions keep changing and you can never tell what
interesting new problems may have arisen. Providing wireshark packet
traces is usually the best way to get to the bottom of these issues.
Simply saying it doesn't work usually gets you nowhere.

Steve