[Freeswitch-users] blind transfer context

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Thu Nov 18 02:35:28 PST 2010

Hello,

When doing blind transfer, the context used by freeswitch is the one of
the transferee instead of the transferer like in attended transfer
scenarios. I would like it to use the transferer context.

The variable force_transfer_context can be used to force this to a
specific context. My problem is that force_transfer_context must be set
in the transferee channel which makes it quite complicated if for
example I bridge to a groups of users that use different contexts (need
an answer hook to set that variable), or in chain transfer scenarios
(need to re-set the variable to the context of the new bridged user).

Wouldn't it be more logical to use the force_transfer_context variable
from the channel performing the transfer to have blind transfers behave
the same way as attended ones (using the transferer's context)?

Thanks,
François.