[Freeswitch-users] Latency on Google Voice (GTalk)

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Mon Nov 15 15:18:41 PST 2010

I have followed this  http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice Google
Voice Wiki HOWTO  to configure my FS v1.0.6 (hosted on an inexpensive
Seagate
http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/network_storage/freeagent_dockstar
DockStar  running on an OpenWRT Linux). My FS has no problem to process
outbound/inbound calls. The only problem I have noticed is the audio from
B-leg (the audio from the party I conversed to) has about 1.5s latency. I
wonder if anyone has noticed this. If anyone out here knows how to fix this,
please kindly chime in.

FYI, here is my jingle_profiles/gtalk_client.xml file:
<profile type="client">

  @gmail.com/gtalk"/>

</profile>

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.