[Freeswitch-users] Using "Reason" from hangup

Ross McKillop ross at ossiantelecom.co.uk
Wed Nov 10 06:25:16 PST 2010

I have a FreeSWITCH box acting as a gateway between other servers
and a TDM switch, primarily for accounting purposes - The TDM switch
accurately sets a Reason header as follows;

> SIP/2.0 480 Temporarily Unavailable.
> Reason: Q.850;cause=31.

This is then passed by FreeSWITCH back to the A party as

> SIP/2.0 480 Temporarily Unavailable.
> Reason: Q.850;cause=16;text="NORMAL_CLEARING".

Is there any way to get FreeSWITCH to use the Reason header from
the failed B leg when replying to the A party ?

I tried setting continue_on_fail=true and hangup_after_bridge=false
and then adding a line after the bridge in the dialplan to hangup with
the bridge hangup cause e.g.;

> <action application="hangup" data="${bridge_hangup_cause}" />

But that hasn't affected the behaviour at all.

Regards,
Ross