[Freeswitch-users] is this possible to "return" from the transfer?

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 03:37:59 PST 2010

They're very different things. Bridge attempts to create a new channel
(bleg) and if it succeeds joins it to the first channel (aleg). That
means the aleg is waiting to see whether it worked, and as such can
continue processing from the same point in the dialplan. Transfer is a
bit like a GOTO - it jumps dialplan processing to another
context+extension, so it can't return if that fails (what is a
failure? Not matching an extension doesn't necessarily mean it
failed).

You could try using a loopback bridge. That'll could allow you to
create a new outgoing channel internally which could be handled by the
other context, and it would be able to continue if that failed since
it's still a bridge.

-Steve