[Freeswitch-users] Multimple aliases for one user id

Boris Kovalenko boris at tagnet.ru
Fri Nov 5 11:35:49 PDT 2010

Hello!

     Alias (for me) is additional phone number. Yes, I know that I may
write extension to redirect. But this is nice when there is only one or
two users. And what to do if there are 100 or even 1000 users with
"number alias" feature? The one way I find for the time present is
easyroute with custom query, but may be there already is a "good
practice" solution. Can't belive that nobody uses at least two numbers
short internal and full international.

> When you say "alias" what exactly do you mean? If it's just a matter
> of dialing 73435230000 and reaching user 100 then that can easily be
> handled in the dialplan.
>
> -MC
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:16 AM, Boris Kovalenko <boris at tagnet.ru
> <mailto:boris at tagnet.ru>> wrote:
>
>     Hello!
>
>         Is this possible to have multiple aliases (phone numbers) for one
>     user id? For example, the user's primary id (and the phone number) is
>     1000 (internal number) and 73435230000 is an alias (external
>     number). So
>     may I use in directory something like:
>     <user id="100" alias="73435230000">
>     </user>