[Freeswitch-users] Choosing the right distribution

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Wed Nov 3 12:32:03 PDT 2010

Hello

On Nov 2, 2010, at 3:49 PM, Steven Ayre wrote:

> I use debian lenny on my production servers (I also prefer the debian
> software distribution). It also makes the systems more consistent as
> all our other servers also run debian.

I am also using lenny successfully.  I have tried the squeeze kernels on lenny and they are not as good with timing on a xen virtualized guest.  Hopefully we can work that out before release but I've tried even newer kernels that weren't debian packages and they didn't work very well either.  I'll be continuing to run debian on my freeswitch boxes.  I will spend some time testing some newer kernels in the next month or so.

--FC