[Freeswitch-users] Choosing the right distribution

Bernhard Suttner bernhard.suttner at winet.ch
Tue Nov 2 09:44:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

the time will come, when we will use FreeSWITCH on our systems. Currently we are using CentOS, but I am normally using debian systems because of the better software distribution, stability and update process.

So? Are there any advantages if I would use CentOS or Debian? Does somebody has trouble on CentOS / Debian related to limitiation like Kernel configuration problems (I dont want to recompile the kernel for every system). Are there any analyses on which system FreeSWITCH does run "better" (stability, number of calls, performance,....)

Any hint is appreciated.

Best regards,
Bernhard