[Freeswitch-users] FS as Media Gateway Only

Vitalii Colosov vetali100 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 23:15:14 PDT 2010

Hi Code,

I have working example doing exactly what you've described.
One signalling FS bridges incoming call to a set of media servers (depending
on ip, but you can implement any routing logic including round robin) and
then transfers media stream after bridging to that media server.

You can achieve this on signalling FS by creating a Lua script that contains
the following lines:

media_server="my_media_X.mydomain.com"; --to be determined by routing logic
forwarding_session = "sofia/external/"..called_number.."@"..media_server;
session:setVariable("bypass_media_after_bridge", "true");
session:setVariable("hangup_after_bridge", "true");
session:execute("bridge",forwarding_session);

The call will arrive to the selected media server successfully and media
stream will start bypassing signalling FS after bridge.

You can read the following thread, it describes how you can setup such
configuration.
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2010-March/055231.html

I think it will fit your needs.

Regards,