[Freeswitch-users] Questions on Building an application for FreeSWITCH

Jan Berger jan.berger at video24.no
Wed May 26 04:50:21 PDT 2010

N+N pools can be used for many things in telecom, but not for all.

An IVR can as an example be a pool - rather than FS running the IVR server
side you connect to a ESL resource and run heavy work client side, maybe
through a pool manager. On this level you can even provide failover schemes
and fall-back schemes. Speech servers are another excellent candidate for
resource pools because speech requires a bit of CPU and it's very nice to be
able to scale up speech capacity by just throwing in more hardware.

The challenge comes when you want to do things like ACD on a N+N system. As
you agent's now might be connected to different FS boxes you need a
centralised instance to manage - in which case you can use N2 or simply use
a database that provide redundancy.

Jan

  _____