[Freeswitch-users] Questions on Building an application for FreeSWITCH

Phone phone.bytes at gmail.com
Tue May 25 08:03:30 PDT 2010

Sorry to revive this already long thread...but I think the history is
relevant as I am still stuck on the approach.

I came across the perl POE "POE::Filter::FSSocket" and thought I might
learn and use it.  Thought it might be nice to help with the
socket/threading issues...and avoid having to get down and dirty with
them.  However, in looking closer it appeared that nothing had really
happened on it for about 4 years...then I read a post  indicating that
it was out of date and that Anthony's FreeSWITCH::CLient would be a
better choice.  I have been able to try out the perl FreeSWITCH Client
example on the wiki and  send out some calls using "bgapi"...but I am
not sure how to handle the multiple threads.  Would I just deal with all
events in a loop similar to what is in the wiki client example?

Now I am really confused as to how to tackle this.  Not an expert with
any particular language...but it seems that scripting may be nice from a
maintenance point of view??

Any further thoughts or examples to get me on my way?  I am really open
as to the approach to take.

Thanks

So now I don't know what direction to go to get this started.