[Freeswitch-users] Recommendations for adapter replacement ...

Garrison Hoffman garrison at codefix.net
Thu May 13 10:32:09 PDT 2010

Thank you, Peder and David.

I honestly haven't worried much about the fax, we don't use it much and
LAN load is light, but I just read a bit and T38 relay sounds promising.

I have to say I'm a bit wary of VoIP vendors who don't do on-line
ordering, but Patton's SmartLink 4020 has piqued my interest and I'll
check them out. Naturally I'll be comparing them against Peder's
recommendation of the SPA2102, which has moved to the top of my list (at
least until I can get price info from Patton).

Incidentally, switching from specifying a NAT IP to STUN seems to have
helped (even though it gets the same IP), but I won't consider it a
valid test until it sits overnight. In any case T.38 support is
sufficient reason to upgrade.

-gh

P.S. Bonus points if someone can direct me to something which explains
why moving FS off my local LAN means I have to register each extension
using a different SIP port. I suspect it was doing NAT traversal with
neither STUN nor UPnP but I don't know enough to definitively rule out
my FS config.