[Freeswitch-users] Questions on Building an application for FreeSWITCH

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed May 12 16:28:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Phillip Jones <pjintheusa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since you are on a Windows platform anyway - you could also look at
> mod_managed, that would allow you build the application code in C#. The
> access to your existing DB would potentially remain the same. It would be
> quite easy to spin a monitor thread in C# and monitor a DB for new calls and
> dispatch those calls etc.
>
> We currently use Dialogic HMP in a Windows environment and our app has
> ported well with out any change to the backend non telephony code.
>
> This is indeed one of the advantages of ESL and the event socket. If you
can abstract away the heavy lifting of the phone calls and handling from the
db/logic/etc. then it is much easier to port and to maintain.

In any case, use whatever language supports the event socket and is familiar
to you. In all honestly, I just use Perl. It is freakishly good at this sort
of thing, at least for me. ( http://xkcd.com/224/ )

-MC