[Freeswitch-users] one way audio (sometimes)

lands at freenet.de lands at freenet.de
Tue May 11 09:36:32 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my conference setup on freeswitch.

my setup is as followed:

- freeswitch quick and dirty installation according to
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Quick_and_Dirty_Install
- freeswitch release: svn-17188
- http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Examples_JavaScript_Conference_IVR,
- made my DNS SRV records
- account from iptel.org
- "phoner" softphone
- UDP ports are opened inbound from 5060 till 64000 on the firewall,
which is in front of the FS box
- all udp ports outbound are open on the firewall
- the FS box uses a public IP

Well, I can dial the SIP URI. The connection is working. I can hear the
IVR. Well, sometimes at least.
I make a call => I can hear everything.
Seconds later, I make a call with the same client on the same PC =>
audio is coming through.
I cancel the connection and make the call again => there´s no audio
coming through, and so on...
When I do 10 calls within 20 seconds with 4 ones there´s no audio.

According to wireshark the inbound RTP stream is sometimes missing on
some calls.
According to freeswitch debug, the used RTP ports are alway between 5062
and 64000

It sounds like a firewall problem with closed port. But it can´t as the
firewall ports are opened.

Any ideas what else could be wrong?

Chris