[Freeswitch-users] How to turn off SW DTMF detect (for DTMF talkoff issue)

Robert Hadley robert.hadley at teotech.com
Thu May 6 11:59:16 PDT 2010

Our Freeswitch implementation has two second audio dropouts on calls that
pass through the Sangoma PRI card caused by DTMF talkoff.

We know how to turn HW DTMF detection off, but then FS automatically enables
software DTMF detect.  How do we prevent SW DTMF detection in FS?

Our attempt to manage when HW DTMF detection is active is not very clean
(see pastebin report of things we tried at
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/12923).

I tried using the start_dtmf and stop_dtmf applications in the dialplan but
they didn't work to prevent talkoff or splits, and the stop_dtmf application
stopped audio for internal calls.  Is there a better way to control HW DTMF
detection or DTMF line splits from the dialplan?

Thanks,

Bob

Robert