[Freeswitch-users] How to send "waiting call" tone to remote side

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Mon May 3 09:01:02 PDT 2010

Hello,

  At the default dialplan of freeswitch, when there is a waiting call the
remote side hears a normal "ring" tone. I would like to change it to send a
"call waiting" ring tone.
What is the official way of doing so? I can think of two ways:

- sending 182 instead of 180.
- send 180 with early media and play the ring tone.

I've tried the second method. It works inside our PBX and at the adjacent
telco PBX. On other telco PBXes it doesn't work (silence). Before I call the
telco I would like to know what is the common way of doing so.

                           Thanks! __yehavi: