[Freeswitch-users] Registration ODBC feeded by another registrar proxy

Rod. kawarod at laposte.net
Mon May 3 06:39:59 PDT 2010

Hi list,

was playing with FS 1.0.6 and trying to test the registration
performance of FS. (Yes I know FS is more suited as a B2BUA, but please
read further :p)

So I did the following:
     - generate one xml file with 20 000 user account like this:
<include>
<user id="1">
<params>
<param name="password" value="1234"/>
</params>
</user>
<user id="2">
<params>
<param name="password" value="1234"/>
</params>

Then I used Sipp to test how many registration per second could be fired
to the server (quad core 2.83Ghz).
I setup ulimit variables, and disable nat.

I got this:
     - using SQL Lite: unable to get higher than 80 registrations per
second (in fact it's less than this number but didn't test too much this
setup), I see a lot of retransmission in Sipp
     - using SQL Lite in ramdisk (tmpfs): OK with 80 registrations per
second but not much
     - using ODBC and mysql: 130 reg/sec is OK

With ODBC, above 150 reg/sec I see that FS is stalled to 100-110% CPU, I
think it's because I'm using only one SIP profile and that SOFIA is
monothreaded for this SIP profile.
If I'd like to register every 60sec, the server has to support at least
more than 300 registration per second.

So I'm wondering if I could setup something like this:
     - use another SIP Proxy as a registrar and feed the ODBC
"sip_registration database" of FS
     - FS will be able to use this database to setup a call
     - use FS as the outbound proxy for call routing

But what about the user params that have been setup in the xml file
above. I think that FS loads the user params each time a user is registered.

Comments and advices are welcome.

regards,
rod.