[Freeswitch-users] rtp timeout yet

Metik freeswitch-users-list at metik.com
Sun Mar 21 12:46:43 PDT 2010

I haven't followed this particular thread very closely but are you sure
there are no port conflicts exhibited in the SDP?  This is UDP after all
and unlike TCP, binding is exclusive and port selection would then need
to take in account those ports already in use (the endpoint and FS would
be pretty much flying blind if the endpoint is not a local process).

I would suggest reviewing your endpoint configurations and making sure
that they are using unique (rtp/media) port ranges.  One would think
that if the endpoint shares the same global IP address as used by FS and
it is not a (softphone) process running on the same physical box, then
it would be communicating with FS using its private IP.

Does both the signaling and media traffic traverse (i.e. routed) through
a broadband router that sits in front of both FS and the endpoint or is
it sent (i.e. forwarded) directly?

-metik