[Freeswitch-users] intercept in fifo queue

Vladimir Elizarov xengelpublicx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 23:11:33 PDT 2010

I need to make a queue for the Secretary, in which one secretary. But
if the Secretary is not there, I would like to be able to intercept
calls to other users. This can not be done even if the intercept will
be a user to the agent queue?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:11 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 5:22 AM, Vladimir Elizarov <xengelpublicx at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes
>>

> You can't. The FIFO system isn't transferring the call to the agent's phone.
> Rather, it is ringing the agent's phone and when the agent picks up, it then
> bridges the caller to the agent.
>
> What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Just curious. By the way you can
> possibly resolve this issue by create an "agent access" extension. The idea
> is simple: User A picks up and dials an extension; that extension then
> connects User A to the longest waiting caller in the FIFO queue.

I need to make a queue for the Secretary. In this stage only one
secretary. But if the Secretary is not there, I would like to be able
to intercept input calls in fifo queue to other users. This can not be
done even if the intercept will be a user to the agent queue?

> Use this example to create your "agent access" extension:
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_fifo#Take_a_caller_out_of_a_FIFO_queue
>
> The net result is probably the same: a third phone connects to the caller in
> queue. If that caller is the only one in the queue then the agent's phone
> that is ringing will stop ringing immediately.
>
> -MC

Best regards, Vladimir Elizarov