[Freeswitch-users] Skype for SIP - No SILK support, yet...

Chris Fowler chris at fowler.cc
Wed Mar 17 08:53:09 PDT 2010

I was thrilled when mod_silk was released... but my joy was short lived when I got this reply from Skype about SILK support on their "Skype for SIP beta".

"We have double checked this with Skype for SIP developers.  They said that at the moment SILK codecs are not yet supported, even though we have information about this on the web site.

Most probably SILK codecs will be supported when Skype for SIP goes out from beta stage."

Just wanted to share to avoid frustration for other FreeSWITCHers.

Chris.