[Freeswitch-users] mod_nibblebill and dynamic conference

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Sun Mar 14 14:10:53 PDT 2010

Basically you'll get new CDR records for the loopback side of the call. So
you may have to reconcile the two -- depends on how you process your CDRs.
 If you can avoid loopback, do so.  In this case, doing nibblebill on the
a-leg is the right way to go unless you have a specific reason to nibble on
the b-leg.

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil <lawwton at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thanks Rupa, We have looked at the loopback as an option and really
> like the idea, the only thing there is that the wiki page says:
>
> "Please take extra precautions in regard to CDR records. They may not
> display the information you are looking for after a call has been
> bridged through the loopback endpoint."
>
> We are not quite sure what that statement translates to as far as what
> fields from the CDR will be affected, etc...
>
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Rupa Schomaker <rupa at rupa.com> wrote:
> > Rather than going straight to the conference, you could go through
> loopback
> > and have a dialplan that sets the vars and then executes the conference.
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil
> > <lawwton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> All:
> >>
> >> We are currently exploring the possibility of using mod_nibblebill and
> >> integrating it with a conference. It seems like it offers all the
> >> features and more that we need. The way we create a conference now is
> >> as follows:
> >>
> >> originate sofia/gateway/url/XXXXXXXXXXX
> >> &conference(myConf+flags{moderator,wait-mod})

> >> variables for the B leg:
> >>
> >> enable_heartbeat_events
> >> nibble_rate
> >> nibble_account=
> >>
> >> I was wondering if there is a way to set these variables via the API
> >> call shown above where the conference is created. If not, what options
> >> do you recommend to accomplish this?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> Alfredo

> http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-users