[Freeswitch-users] internal/external profiles

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Sat Mar 13 20:11:07 PST 2010

On 25 February 2010 03:18, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> No problem. Separating them has a few advantages: security, scalability, and
> readability. The first one on the list is definitely the most important. If
> you stuff everything in the internal profile it's easier to open yourself up
> to toll fraud.

Hello,

I am still confused as to how using the external profile can help
reduce toll fraud.

On my system both internal and external have:

<param name="context" value="public"/>

Also, what happens when freeswitch receives an anonymous connection?
Are anonymous connections allowed or rejected? Where is that behaviour
controlled?

Thanks
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>