[Freeswitch-users] Gateway context for incoming calls

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Mar 12 21:34:50 PST 2010

Hello,

Is there a way for incoming calls from a gateway to go to a context other than the default one set
in the sofia profile?  I need a way to separate calls from providers vs. calls from the public at large.

Here's the scenario:

Our external sofia profile maps to the public IP address and listens on port 5060.  Our providers
send calls to this address, but we also need to have anonymous sip calls come in to the public
address, on the default port.  We want the calls from our SIP trunks to get billed appropriately,
and increment our mod_limit counters, etc.  If a call comes in from somewhere other than a SIP
trunk, we want it to have access to extensions, but be rated as a free call.

All our SIP trunks are mapped using static addresses - there isn't any registration or
authentication happening in either direction.  Each one has a gateway entry.

Thanks!

-Tim