[Freeswitch-users] doublenat outgoing call issue

Bruce Hopkins jbrucehopkins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:12:42 PST 2010

Hi again,

Thanks for the help so far.  Unfotrunately I must still be doing something
wrong here as I am still having difficulty, and still have the same problem.

I updated to build 16938 by means of "make current"

I'm not able to use UPNP or NATPMP so changed the port forwarding to use
5080 instead of 5090.

I got rid of the doublenat profile in sip_profiles, though I had to retain
an entry in the directory /usr/local/freeeswitch/conf/directory/ext_dns.xml
in order to give freeswitch the dns name of the server as a domain for the
remote softphone to register on.  I left the group name in this entry the
same as inthe default entry, so that the remote phone could register on the
same extension numbers (100, etc) as in the default build.

I still find that, if I initiate a call from the local (on same LAN as
freeswitch) phone to the remote phone, I get the message on the CLI:

[ERR] switch_ivr_originate.c2389 Cannot create outgoing channel of type
[user] cause: [USER_NOT_REGISTERED]

One possibly unrelated aside, I also found I needed to uncomment <param
name="aggressive-nat-detection" value="true"/> in external.xml, otherwise in
the case of a call initiated by the remote phone being hung up by the local
phone, freeswitch sent the BYE to the private IP of the remote phone, rather
than its public ip - meaning that the remote phone didn't receive the BYE.

Any further ideas where I am going wrong here please?

thanks again in advance
Bruce